Developing Defensive Security Skills
Security Blue Team (SBT) is made up from security professionals that are dedicated to passing on their technical skills, helping individuals break into the security industry, or developing existing talent in the industry workforce. SBT deliver practical defensive cyber security skills with a certified learning path to take students from a beginner to a cyber security defence specialist.
The training is aimed at all cyber security levels, and can be tailored to suit your/the teams development, including:
- People new to IT and cyber security
- IT and infrastructure teams wishing to strengthen their cyber security knowledge
- Existing security and SOC staff
Simply put, Security Blue Team don’t use multiple choice exams. They teach and test student’s abilities by using practical methods, and that’s why the training course have become so popular. Students love getting hands-on with real-world tools, in real-world scenarios, giving them a genuine boost to their career.
The certification path is compromised in three courses: Blue Team Level 1 (BTL1), BTL2 and BTL3 that take students from ‘basic’ to advanced’ status – see below for more information on BTL1, with BTL2-3 coming soon!
- Hands-On Security Training
- Network defenders need to know how to defend, not how to tick boxes
- Different Teaching Styles
- To appeal to all learning styles, the SBT content uses a mixture of written material, video demonstrations, knowledge test, and lots of practical challenges and activites
- Content Vetted by Industry Experts
- SBT’s own Academic Advisory Board is comprised on 11 industry experts, with over 100 years of combined experience. They work hard to ensure all content is relevant and if high quality – ensuring the most beneficial experience for students
- Relevant and Updated Content
- All of the content is updated, relevant, and reflects industry best practices. Learn the skills you actually need to work in a defensive security position
- A Certification
- Upon course completion, students will receive a ‘Practical SBT’ certificate that proves the knowledge and ability to perform hands-on security tasks. Students have the practical ability and experience to success in defensive security roles